htc Water Damage Indicator – Advice on Quickly Locating it on Your Phone
You may have found it difficult to locate the htc water damage indicator on your phone. I know exactly how you feel as I also own a htc phone. It’s a htc Magic.
Once you know where to look it’s really easy to find it. It only took me 30 seconds and you’ll also be able to find it in a jiffy. It’s obvious that it’s been water damaged as long as you know what colour the indicator should be, as will be outlined below.
Take Rapid Action to Find the htc Water Damage Indicator Quickly:
What if you’ve dropped your htc phone in the bath, or left it out in the rain, or even spilled your cup of coffee all over it. Don’t worry, its easily done and there are thousands of other people who have done exactly the same thing.
The thing is, if you’ve done it then other htc owners just like you have done it as well. Hey we all make mistakes. I have a htc Magic phone myself and I love it, I couldn’t get by without it. Well, maybe I could but you know what it’s like these days. You feel naked if you haven’t got your phone on you! You want it back pronto.
Don’t stick your head in the sand as if you delay in trying to find the water damage indicator the damage is likely be permanent. Take the correct action and you can save it. Typically, owners of smartphones or other electronic devices have taken too long to identify there’s a problem and dry it out as soon as they can. You don’t want this to be you.
Well Where is the htc Water Damage Indicator Exactly?
Here’s what you need to do. The htc water damage indicator is located inside the phone by the battery.
- Firstly take the back off and see if any obvious water or liquid has entered the phone. Sometimes you may get away with it and there may not be anything in there.
- Take the battery out and look underneath for an area with red crosses, or sometimes it’s a white dot. This is your liquid damage indicator sticker.
- If it’s not under the battery, check down in the bottom right.
- The little red X’s under the battery are designed to dissolve if they get wet, producing a reddish-pinkish tone over the whole area. On my htc Magic, I can find it if I take the battery out and turn it over. There it is, the elusive small area with red X’s.
- If it’s still got the red X’s, you ok. No water damage, Bobs you uncle!
- Anything else, you may want to get it check out. It may be water damaged. Follow the link below on what to do next.
Well my fellow htc owners, you will now realize that once you know where that elusive water damage detection sticker is, it’s not so difficult to find. The key message though is that once you do find it and you have the reddish-pinkish tone over the whole area, take action quickly.
For some revealing tips to actually get rid of the water from your phone, you may find my article “How to Repair Water Damaged iPhone or iPod Touch” useful – although the article is about iPhones and iPods, it works for htc phones as well!
Well, I really hope these tips have helped. Please feel free to leave a comment.